Come celebrate National Thrift Store Day, Wednesday, August 17 with us at the Hubbard House Thrift Store located at 6629 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32216.
All boutique clothing and household items, with the exception of furniture, are 50 percent off the regularly marked price tag today! In addition adult clothing is priced at $1.00 and children’s clothing is priced at .50 cents.
The Hubbard House Thrift Store is frequented by two main groups; the treasure hunter and the bargain shopper! Many struggling families find affordable ways to meet their needs at our store. Others like the thrill of the hunt and the discovery of rare treasures. They can spot the designer labels, the vintage items, unique treasure or the great bargain.
Whether you are donating or buying from the Hubbard House Thrift Store, 100% of the net proceeds support victims of domestic violence and the services needed to keep victims and their children safe.
The Hubbard House Thrift Store is open Monday – Saturday from 10a.m. to 6p.m. For more information about the Hubbard House Thrift Store please visit www.hubbardhouse.org/about/thrift-store/.
In celebration of National Thrift Store Day, here are some helpful tips to make the most out of your thrift store visit:
1. Go often – the great thing about thrift stores is that new stuff is always coming in via donations.
2. Know the specials – Ask what’s on sale when you walk in. Find out when the discount days are.
3. Decide why you are going – Are you just looking for stuff in general or do you have something in mind? Thrift stores have a lot of stuff and can sometimes be overwhelming. It’s always great to have a plan.
4. Try things on – Always try things on. Just because it’s a designer dress doesn’t mean you should buy it. Make sure it fits before you buy.
5. Have fun and have an open mind – The best part of thrift store shopping is that you never know what treasures you may find.
Check out what these local bloggers had to say about the Hubbard House Thrift Store:
If you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship please call the Hubbard House 24-hour domestic violence hotline at (904) 354-3114 or (800) 500-1119. Hubbard House can help.
ABOUT HUBBARD HOUSE
Founded in 1976, Hubbard House is a certified, comprehensive domestic violence center providing programs and services to more than 6,000 women, children and men annually in Duval and Baker counties. While Hubbard House is most known for its emergency shelter, the agency also provides extensive adult and youth outreach services, school-based education, therapeutic child care, batterers’ intervention programs, court advocacy and volunteer and community education opportunities. Visit www.hubbardhouse.org to learn more.